This is the Privacy Statement of Kearys Motor Group as it relates to this Site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other website are clearly identified as such. In addition to this Privacy Statement you are advised to read our Data Protection Policy.
Kearys Motor Group respects the rights of users of our Site and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with Data Protection legislation at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on this Site without your permission or otherwise in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) in order to use our Site. However, where you choose to give us personal data, via online feedback forms or e-mail, then we will treat your personal information in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
By simply visiting our Site, you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data about you. The information collected about your visit is limited to technical data such as:
- The Internet address (or IP address) of the device you used to access this Site;
- Whether you reached the Site using a search engine or if you clicked a link on another website;
- The type of web browser you used;
- The type of device you used to access the Internet.
We use this data for administrative and statistical purposes as well as to help us improve our Site. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our Site.
Giving us your Personal Information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on this Site or directly to us by e-mail, you consent to us:
- (a) Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and?
(b) Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. e-mail). Information in the e-mail we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
Please note that by using this Site you are giving us your consent to process your personal data as outlined in this Statement. Your consent is also provided to any successor or assignee of Kearys Motor Group and/or any of its businesses. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Privacy Statement.
Opt-in and Opt-out:
Kearys Motor Group operates a strict “opt-in” policy for individuals. That means we will not send you any information unless you have requested to receive e-mail/text/social media message updates from us.
For businesses, Kearys Motor Group operates, in compliance with the relevant Data Protection legislation, an “opt-out” policy. This means that we will continue to contact businesses with news and information of our goods and services until we are informed that this communication is no longer required.
If you (whether an individual or business customer) wish to be removed from our direct marketing list and do not wish to receive any further information from us (opt-out) you can inform us of this by clicking on the link at the bottom of each e-mail communication you receive from us. Once this information is received we will immediately remove you from our direct marketing database.
Further information on opt-in and opt-out options with regard to direct marketing is available at:
Security of Data
Kearys Motor Group takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Acts in order to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Right of Access
Where you have provided us with your personal data you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please read our Subject Access Request Policy where you can download our Subject Access Request Form for completion before sending it to:
The Data Protection officer – Kearys Marketing Team
Name of Organisation – Kearys Motor Group,
Address of Organisation – Kearys Renault, Kinsale Road Roundabout, Cork.
This Subject Access Request must be accompanied by a fee of €6.35. Please note the following important requirements:
- We reserve the right not to process an access request that is not accompanied by proof of identification;
- We shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to Kearys Motor Group and?
- We do not accept access requests via telephone, e-mail or text message.
Right of Rectification or Erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this Site, you have the right to have the data amended. You also have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this Site erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer – Kearys Marketing Team,
Name of Organisation – Kearys Motor Group,
Address of Organisation – Kearys Renault, Kinsale Road Roundabout, Cork.
This request must be accompanied by:
- Proof of your name and address; and?
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.?
If you request erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice:
- We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Kearys Motor Group trusts that you appreciate that we respect and value your right to privacy, and that our honesty and integrity shall mean that you will continue to trust us with your personal data, knowing that we will not use it for any inappropriate purpose.
Terms and Conditions
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. As these terms and conditions are for the protection of both you and Kearys Motor Group, we advise that you please take the time to read them carefully.
By using this Site you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Please note that this Site is owned and operated by Kearys Motor Company and that references to “we”, “us” and “our” mean Kearys Motor Group.
- Copyright in this Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and/or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact. Save as otherwise specified, the contents of all the pages contained in this site are copyright of Kearys Motor Group or its licensors.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions:
- You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license solely for the purpose of using this site and any services available on this Site.
- You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this site for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing.
- You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
Save whether otherwise specified, the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained in this site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
This license does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hardcopy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of this Site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No part of this Site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval.
Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to websites of business units and subsidiaries of Kearys Motor Group. You are reminded that when you enter such Sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those Sites.
Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by Kearys Motor Group. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such link to websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
You warrant that you will use this Site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnity Kearys Motor Group for any liability accruing to Kearys Motor Group from your use of this Site.
This Site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any information on it, you agree that the Irish Courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
The use of this Site or the distribution of information on this Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. As such, this Site is not intended for use, nor is the information intended for distribution, in such jurisdictions. Therefore, the persons accessing this Site should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions.
No third party is permitted to link any other website to this Site without obtaining Kearys Motor Group prior written consent.
Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge confidential or personal information over the Internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
The contents of this Site including these terms and conditions are subject to change by us without notification to you. We accept no responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this Site up to date or for any failure to do so.
The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such.
We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site. Access to and use of this Site is at the users own risk and we do not represent or warrant the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any of its contents.
We do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on this Site. All implied warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law.
We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this Site including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Kearys Motor Group does not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this Site and Kearys Motor Group do not accept liability for any information posted on this Site by third parties.
You will ensure that your use of this Site complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable or defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortious interference.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
You agree not to post or publish any offensive, defamatory or unlawful material that could encourage or constitute a criminal offence, civil liability or violation of any law.
Kearys Motor Group reserves the right to monitor or review the contents of the Site but are not obliged to do so and assume no liability or responsibility for the contents therein.
Kearys Motor Group reserves the right to remove any materials posted to the Site at its absolute discretion.
Kearys Motor Group may disclose your identity to relevant parties to aid any investigation.
You warrant that the information you enter on this Site is accurate and you indemnify us in respect of any damage or legal costs arising out of any action taken against us in respect of the material posted by you.
Glossary of Technical Terms used
- IP address: The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.55.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- Personal data: means information about you which can identify you and which is within the possession of Kearys Motor Group (e.g. your name and address)
- Web browser: The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples include; Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
The authorised BMW Motorrad dealer (hereinafter referred to as "car dealership", "BMW Partner" or "We"), Strasse 1, D-80331 Munich, Germany, are responsible for the processing of your personal data as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The authorised BMW motorcycle dealer is based in Munich.
As an authorised BMW dealer, we are an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer and a legally and economically independent company and not part of BMW AG.
As a licensee, we use the BMW Motorrad brand for the sale of BMW motorcycles, original BMW parts and accessories as well as for brand-related maintenance and repair.
We are responsible for your data that is collected and processed by us through this website, through your contacts with us in the dealership and in the context of customer service and in the context of our direct marketing activities.
Furthermore, we process your data, provided that it is transmitted to us by BMW AG, if and insofar as the necessary data protection requirements are met.
Our contact details are:
Authorised BMW Motorrad dealer
D-80331 Munich, Germany
Tel.: 089 - 1234567
We collect and process your personal data in the following cases:
- If you contact us directly, e.g. via this website or in the motorcycle dealership.
- If you buy products directly from us (e.g. vehicles or parts and accessories).
- If you buy services directly from us (e.g. during maintenance or repair of your vehicle).
- If you request information about our products and services (e.g. sending brochures or price lists).
- If you respond to our direct marketing activities, for instance if you fill out an answer or prize draw card or if you submit your data online to this website.
- If BMW AG provides us with data about you in a permissible manner, if and insofar as the necessary data protection requirements are met.
- If third parties provide us with personally identifiable information about you.
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us about changes to your personal data – in particular your contact details.
- Contact details: Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address.
- Interests: Information provided by you about your areas of interest, such as for instance the vehicles you are interested in, hobbies and other personal preferences.
- Other personal information: Information provided by you relating to date of birth, education, household size or occupational situation.
- Contractual data, Customer number, contract number.
- Use of websites and communication: Information about how you use the website and whether you open or forward communications from us, including information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. You can find more information here in our cookie guidelines.
- Transaction and interaction data: Information on purchases of products and services from our car dealership and our online shop, interactions with us (your inquiries and complaints) and participation in our market research studies.
- Credit and identity information: Data to establish your identity, e.g. driver's license or registration certificate part 1; also information about transactions, any unpaid payments to us; information on fraud, criminal activity, suspicious transactions, politically exposed persons and sanctioned lists containing your data.
- Information about vehicle functions and settings: Information about the functions and current settings of your vehicle (identified by the vehicle identification number), e.g. BMW TeleServices, if you have saved us as your desired BMW partner in the system.
- Technical data on the vehicle, Data that is generated or processed in the vehicle.
Operating data in the vehicle: Control units process data to operate the vehicle.
This includes, for example:
- Vehicle status information (e.g. speed, motion delay, lateral acceleration, wheel revolution speed, closed seat belt indicator),
- Environmental conditions (e.g. temperature, rain sensor, distance sensor).
As a rule, this data is transitory and is not stored beyond service hours and only processed in the vehicle itself. Control units often contain data memories (including the ignition key). These are used to temporarily or permanently document information about vehicle condition, component stress, maintenance requirements as well as technical events and errors.
Depending on the technical equipment:
- Operating conditions of system components (e.g. fill levels, tyre pressure, battery status),
- Faults and defects in important system components (e.g. light, brakes),
- Reactions of the systems in special traffic situations (e.g. activation of an airbag, deployment of stability control systems),
- Information on vehicle-damaging events,
- for electric vehicles, state of charge of the high-voltage battery, estimated range.
In special cases (e.g. if the vehicle has detected a malfunction), it may be necessary to save data that would actually only be transitory.
If you make use of services (e.g. repair services, maintenance work), the stored operating data together with the vehicle identification number can be read out and used if necessary. The readout can be done by our employees or third parties (e.g. breakdown services) from the vehicle. The same applies to warranty cases and quality assurance measures.
The readout usually takes place via the statutory connection for OBD ("on-board diagnosis") in the vehicle. The operating data read out documents technical conditions of the vehicle or individual components, help with fault diagnosis, compliance with warranty obligations and quality improvement. This data, in particular information about component stress, technical events, operating errors and other errors, is transmitted to BMW AG, if applicable, together with the vehicle identification number. In addition, BMW AG is subject to product liability. For this purpose, BMW AG also uses operating data from vehicles, for example for technical campaigns. This data can also be used to test customer claims for warranty and repair.
Fault memory in the vehicle can be reset by a service company during repair or servicing or at your request.
For more information about processing data in the vehicle, refer to the operating instructions of your vehicle or
Data for locating the vehicle: Information about the location of your vehicle or mobile device. We may receive limited data on the location of the vehicle, as far as this is necessary for the purpose of contract performance (e.g. in the context of breakdown assistance provided by BMW breakdown assistance).
The data collected in connection with the conclusion of contracts or the provision of our services is processed for the following purposes. Here is an explanation of the legal basis for the processing of personal data:
We process your data only if an applicable law allows this. We will process your data in particular on the basis of Art. 6 and Art. 9 of the GDPR as well as on the basis of consents pursuant to Art. 7 GDPR. Among other things, we will base the processing of your data on the following legal bases. Please note that this is not a complete or exhaustive list of legal bases, but merely examples that are intended to make the legal basis more transparent.
- Consent (Art. 6(1)(1)(a), Art. 7 GDPR, or Art. 9 (2)(a), Art. 7 GDPR): We will process certain data only on the basis of your previously given explicit and voluntary consent. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Fulfilment of a contract / pre-contractual measures (Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR): In order to initiate or execute your contract with us, we need access to certain data.
- Fulfilment of a legal obligation (Art. 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR): We are subject to a number of statutory requirements. To meet these requirements, we must process certain data.
- Preservation of legitimate interests (Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR): We will process certain data in order to safeguard our interests or the interests of third parties. However, this only applies if your interests do not predominate in a give case.
A. Fulfilment of the contractual obligation in the context of sales, maintenance and repair of vehicles
(Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR)
We collect, process and use personal data in the context of sales processes or during maintenance or repair at our motorcycle dealership.
As part of the sales process, personal data is used by us to process the purchase contract, perform test drives and transmit information in connection with your vehicle purchase.
In the context of these activities, the following categories of data are processed:
- Contact details (name, first name, address, e-mail address, etc.)
- If necessary bank details
We use your personal data to address as part of the contract processing (e.g. vehicle order, workshop/repair order) or for handling a request formulated by you (e.g. offer, test drive request). For all aspects of the contract or the settlement of a concern we will address you without separate consent e.g. in writing, over the phone, via messenger services, by e-mail, depending on the contact details you provided.
As part of the maintenance and repair processes or services with us, technical data on the vehicle relevant for the vehicle service is read out from the built-in electronic control units with special diagnostic devices. This data is processed and used in the workshop by trained technicians to diagnose and correct any malfunctions. This technical data on the vehicle mainly consists of
- Vehicle master data (e.g. vehicle identification number, vehicle type, production date, vehicle equipment),
- Vehicle condition data (measured values such as distance reading),
- Fault memory entries (e.g. turn indicator malfunction),
- Peak loads,
- Software versions and
- service and workshop data (e.g. service requests, work performed, replacement parts fitted, warranty cases, workshop reports)
The above information may be accessed by BMW AG to assist us with any technical or other challenges to our service fulfilment.
The technical vehicle data is deleted at the end of the vehicle's life cycle.
We may furthermore receive limited data on the location of the vehicle, as far as this is necessary for the purpose of contract performance (e.g. in the context of breakdown assistance of the BMW breakdown assistance). The data will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling the contract.
B. Fulfilment of our sales, service and administration processes in cooperation with BMW AG
(Art. 6(1)(a),(b), (f) GDPR)
For the fulfilment of sales, service and administrative processes, a transfer of data to BMW AG is required. This is the case when we submit data
- for the examination of warranty / goodwill cases
- for processing vehicle orders and services
- for questions about specific repairs
- for marketing campaigns or market research
- for the execution of contractual agreements between us and BMW AG
- to maintain product liability and product monitoring for any potential technical campaigns
- for product and quality improvement
For these processes, depending on the relevant legal basis, the following categories of data are transmitted:
- Contact details
- Identification data
- Vehicle master data
- Vehicle condition data
- Fault memory entries
- Service and workshop data
C. Customer care
(Art. 6(1)(b),(f) GDPR)
We use your personal data to address you as part of the contract processing (see above) (e.g. vehicle order, workshop / repair order) or to handle a request formulated by you (e.g. offer, test drive requests, enquiries and complaints). For all aspects of the contract or the settlement of a concern we will address you without separate consent e.g. in writing, over the phone, via messenger services, by e-mail, depending on the contact details you provided.
We will also contact you if your vehicle is affected by a so-called technical campaign or a recall. Since technical campaigns are measures that usually have high importance (e.g. avoiding occupant hazards, avoiding damage to the vehicle), we will contact you or BMW AG using the contact details provided by you.
We also process your personal data on this basis in order to further optimize your experience with us, for instance in order to clearly identify you, should you choose to make contact with us.
D. Advertising communication and market research based on consent
(Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR)
If you have separately consented to the further use of your personal data, your personal data may be used in accordance with the scope described in the consent, for instance for advertising purposes (selected offers of products and services) and/or market research, and if necessary passed on to certain affiliated companies of the motorcycle dealership authorised BMW motorcycle dealer and BMW AG (Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft, Petuelring 130, D-80788 Munich, Germany) and BMW M GmbH (Daimlerstrasse 19, D-85748 Garching-Hochbrück, Germany). Details on this can be found in the respective declaration of consent, which can be revoked at any time.
If you have issued the appropriate consent to advertising communication, we will collect and process:
Contact information, e.g.
- name, address, e-mail, phone number
Supplementary personal information / preferences, e.g.
- company name, your relationship with this company, if you use a business vehicle or are our contact person for this company
- A possible time when you need a new vehicle and your interest in BMW vehicles and services as well as your requests for information and test drives, etc.
- Vehicle identification number and other attributes associated with it
- Interests and hobbies
Identification data, e.g.
- customer number, contract number
Customer history, e.g.
- vehicle purchase data including model, configurations, date of purchase, registration date, license plate, order date, delivery date, owner, list price
- Service order data including scope of activities performed and replacement parts installed
- Campaign history and response to direct marketing measures
- Participation in events
- Inquiry and complaint history
In the privacy statement, you also determine the communication channels (e.g. post, telephone, e-mail), via which we may contact you.
Data processing for advertising purposes is usually carried out in Germany; there is no transfer of personal data to a country outside the EU.
E. Performance of legal obligations to which we are subject
(Art. 6(1)(c), (f) GDPR)
In addition, we will process personal data when there is a legal obligation to do so.
Collected data is also processed in the course of ensuring the operation of IT systems. Ensuring refers to the following activities among others:
- Backup and recovery of data processed in IT systems,
- Logging and monitoring of transactions to check the correct functioning of IT systems,
- Detection and prevention of unauthorized access to personal data,
- Incident and problem management for troubleshooting IT systems.
We are subject to a variety of other legal obligations. In order to comply with these obligations, we process your data to the required extent and, if necessary, pass it on to the responsible authorities as part of legal reporting requirements.
If necessary, we process your data in the event of a legal dispute if the legal dispute requires the processing of your data.
F. Data transmission to selected third parties
Data is passed on to the following companies, among others, if and to the extent that the necessary data protection requirements are met:
If you have previously given us your express consent to share your information with affiliates of our group for advertising or marketing purposes. This concerns the
BMW Motorrad dealer
089 / 1234567
- To BMW AG, e.g. to update your address and your vehicle, if and insofar as the necessary data protection requirements have been met and you have not objected to the use of your data for the purpose of a written address in the knowledge of a right of objection, as well as contact details and personal data (e.g. date of birth, driving license class, hobbies and interests), if your consent to advertising purposes permits this or also vehicle data that is used by BMW AG, in particular for the purposes of product monitoring and development.
- To carefully selected and verified service providers and business partners with whom we work together to provide you with products and services. We only do this within the strict conditions of data processing on behalf of or on the basis of your express consent.
- To other third parties (e.g. public authorities) as far as we are legally obliged to do so.
We use various safety precautions such as state-of-the-art encryption and authentication tools to protect and maintain the security, integrity, and availability of your data.
Full protection against unauthorized access cannot be guaranteed for data transmissions over the Internet or a website, but we and our service providers and business partners make every effort to safeguard your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations through physical, electronic and procedural security precautions in accordance with the current state of the art. Among other things, we use the following measures:
- Strict criteria for authorisation to access your data in accordance with the "need-to-know" principle (restriction to as few people as possible) and only for the stated purpose,
- Transfer of collected data only in encrypted form,
- Saving of confidential data, e.g. credit card data only in encrypted form,
- Firewall protection of IT systems for protection against unauthorized access, e.g. by hackers and
- permanent monitoring of access to IT systems to detect and prevent the misuse of personal data.
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we process your data. If we process data for multiple purposes, it will be automatically deleted or saved in a format that does not allow it to be directly linked to your personal identity once the final specific purpose has been met. To ensure that all your data is deleted in accordance with the principle of data minimization, we have a deletion concept. The basic principles according to which this deletion concept provides for the deletion of your personal data are shown below.
Use to fulfil a contract
In order to fulfil contractual obligations, data collected about you may be retained for as long as the contract is in force and, depending on the nature and scope of the contract, for 10 years after that in order to comply with statutory retention requirements and to clarify any requests or claims upon expiration of the contract.
In addition, there are contracts for the supply of products and services, which require longer retention periods, see also "Use for the examination of claims" below.
Use for the examination of claims
Any data we deem necessary to investigate or defend claims made to us or to prosecute you, us, or any third party, or make any claims, may be retained by us for as long as any such proceedings could be pursued.
Use for customer service and for marketing purposes
For customer service and marketing purposes, the data collected about you may be retained for 10 years after collection, unless you request that this data be deleted and there are no contractual or statutory retention obligations that conflict with this deletion request.
We are a company operating in Germany. Personal data is processed by us and our affiliated companies as well as service providers commissioned by us preferably in Germany or within the EU.
If data is processed in countries outside the EU, we ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the European data protection standard by means of EU standard contracts, including appropriate technical and organizational measures.
For some countries outside the EU, such as Canada and Switzerland, the EU has already established a comparable level of data protection. Due to the comparable level of data protection, data transmission to these countries does not require any special approval or agreement.
Contact us if you would like to see specific safeguards for sharing your information with other countries:
BMW Motorrad dealer
089 / 1234567
If we take recourse to service providers to assist in the provision of the listed services and uses, we ensure that they are commissioned by us under the strict conditions of data processing in accordance with data protection law.
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by us, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at +49 89 1234567 (Mon-Fri 9.00 a.m. - 6.30 p.m., Sat 10.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.)
As a person affected by the processing of your data, you may exercise certain rights with respect to us under the GDPR and other relevant data protection regulations. The following section contains explanations of your rights according to the GDPR. Depending on the nature and scope of your request, we will ask you to address it in writing.
Affected party rights
According to the GDPR, you are in particular entitled to the following rights as an affected party:
Right to information (Article 15 GDPR): You may request information about the data we hold on you at any time. This information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of data processed by us, the purposes for which we process this data, the source of the data if we have not collected it directly from you, and, if applicable, the recipients to whom we have submitted your data. You can get a free copy of your data from us. If you are interested in additional copies, we reserve the right to charge you for additional copies.
Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR): You can request that we correct your data. We will take reasonable steps to keep your data, which we store about you and process on a regular basis, accurate, complete and up-to-date, based on the most up-to-date information available to us.
Right to deletion (Art. 17 GDPR): You can request that we delete your data, provided that there are legal requirements for this. This may be the case under Art. 17 GDPR if
- the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- Your consent, which is the basis for the data processing, is revoked and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing of your data and there are no legitimate grounds for processing, or object to the data processing for the purposes of direct marketing;
- the data was processed unlawfully; the processing is not necessary to ensure compliance with a legal obligation that requires us to process your data, in particular with regard to statutory retention periods; to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): You may require us to restrict the processing of your data if
- you dispute the accuracy of the data for the period we need to verify the accuracy of the data;
- the processing is unlawful and you refuse the deletion of your data and instead demand the restriction of use;
- we no longer need your data but you need it to enforce, exercise or defend your legal rights;
- you have objected to the processing, as long as it is not determined that our legitimate reasons outweigh yours.
Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): At your request, we will transfer your data – provided this is technically possible – to another responsible person. However, you are only entitled to this right if the data processing is based on your consent or is required to fulfil a contract. Instead of receiving a copy of your data, you may ask us to submit the data directly to another responsible person specified by you.
Right to objection (Article 21 GDPR): You may object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation, if the data processing is based on your consent or on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In this case, we will no longer process your data. The latter does not apply if we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests or we need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Time limits for the fulfilment of data subject rights
We make every effort to comply with all requests within 30 days. However, this period may be extended for reasons relating to the specific right of the data subject or the complexity of your request.
Restriction of information in the fulfilment of data subject rights
In certain situations, we may be unable to provide you with information about all of your data due to legal requirements. If we have to decline your request for information in such a case, we will inform you at the same time about the reasons for the refusal.
Complaint to regulators
We take your concerns and rights very seriously. However, if you believe that we have not adequately responded to your complaints or concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.