This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who we are and how to contact us
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer the Joe Duffy Group.
“The Joe Duffy Group” means:
- JDM Automotive Limited incorporated in Ireland with limited liability having its registered office Exit 5 M50, Charlestown, Dublin 11 and all members of its group.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: JDM Automotive Limited, Data Protection Compliance Manager, Exit 5 M50, Charlestown, Dublin 11, Ireland
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences, occupation, vehicle details, gender and transaction history.
Vehicle Details: We may collect information about your vehicle, including your mileage, vehicle identity number service and warranty issues.
Transaction Data: includes data about your transactions with us such as the purchase of a vehicle.
Financial Information: Detailed financial information including contact details; income details; marital status; date of birth; gender; residential status; employment details; linked relationships; presence of a controlling interest in one or several companies in Ireland; partnerships in one or several companies in Ireland; previous customer or employee of a company that is a customer; bank details; payment method; and motor details
Interactions Data: information about your interactions with us, including correspondence and phonecalls between us and you.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may also anonymise data so that it is no longer personal data. For example we may anonymise the quote we provided for a used vehicle.
Our websites are powered by G-Forces Web Management Limited (“GForces”), our third party web services provider. GForces is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure. GForces is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security). GForces uses Amazon Web Services, Inc. as its cloud platform provider. All data processed by GForces is stored on Amazon’s web servers in the EEA.
When someone visits one of our websites, GForces collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). GForces collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services, and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
GForces also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our cars and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
When you submit information using an online form, GForces processes the data collected and stores it for 31 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in GForces’ routine back-ups for business continuity purposes).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you are making an enquiry either through our website, by phone or in our dealerships and you are not a customer, we will not use your personal data for marketing purposes without your consent.
All of our premises are monitored by CCTV cameras for security purposes. We have strict retention polices in respect of CCTV footage and process data captured by CCTV in for security purposes in our legitimate interest.
All of our phone calls are recorded. We will use this information to monitor and train staff and to deal with customer disputes. Recordings of calls are subject to strict retention periods.
Where you choose not to purchase a vehicle or other service from us and/or sell us a vehicle and do not consent to the receipt of direct marketing with us we may retain your information for 3 months from the date of providing you with the quote, test drive or details you were looking for. We may, however, keep your information for any longer period if we are required to do so by law.Where you consent to the receipt of direct marketing we will retain your information for as long as is necessary for that purpose and for any period required by law.
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Where you have not purchased goods or services from us, we will only send you marketing material where you have consented. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
Disclosure of your Information
- Third Party Service Providers : We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions on our behalf such as our accountants and other business advisors, IT service providers, printers, marketing companies who carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf, and providers of security and administration services.
- Within our Company Group: We are part of a larger company group, the Joe Duffy Group, and for administrative efficiencies your information may be stored within one central IT system.
- New Owner: We may also transfer your personal information to companies that buy our company or our business.
- Finance companies, leasing companies, insurance companies and other third party providers: Where you have asked for a quote to include the cost of financing, leasing or any other third party product, we may pass your personal information to that third party in order to obtain a quotation on your behalf.
- Manufacturer of Your Vehicle & Their Distributor: We may pass your personal information on to the manufacturer of the vehicle and/or their appointed distributor in Ireland for the purposes of warranty, service issues and recalls, ordering process and customer satisfaction surveys. The distributor and/or manufacture may aggregate your personal data, such as information relating to gender to understand its customer base. The manufacturer may contact you separately regarding their use of your information
How Long Will You Use My Personal Data For?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your Legal Rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information (you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information);
- have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected;
- erase personal information we hold about you;
- stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful.If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
- object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information;
- Withdrawing consent where you the processing. You can withdraw consent by contacting us at the details set out above; and
- receive certain aspects of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transferred to you or another data controller.
- Where processing is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent at any stage.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this form.We will endeavour to respond to your request within one month.If we are unable to deal with your request within one month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. Please visit www.dataprotection.ie for more information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.